Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got me a Yak and took it out on its maiden voyage today, This stuff is addicting. It is just a Pelican 116 DLX and not rigged out YET, but the fun has started. Went out on Garcon Pt this AM just to see if I could keep it upright and wet a line. Not much luck but I did manage to boat and release this Ray. Looking forward to hitting Hurricane Lake real soon too.

·
Squid technician
10,498 Posts
You've entered a door you can't go back through now.

NICE STINGRAY! You really should get that thing mounted, its a true trophy

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
And I have to say, it's pretty ballsy of you to have pulled that ray into the yak with you. Those and catfish are why I carry a dehooker, can just pop them off right next to the boat.

Welcome,

Alex

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have to agree that it was pretty ballsy to bring it onboard but by the angle of the picture it looks like he chased you to the very back of the boat---great balance standing on the back of a Kayak!!!!With balance like that you will have a blast Kayaking!

·
PrettyAwesomeWhiteGuy
1,503 Posts
Awesome! I have this yak too and love it!!! Can't wait to take it out this weekend to the beach and see what I can catch.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yaksquatch (3/22/2010)And I have to say, it's pretty ballsy of you to have pulled that ray into the yak with you. Those and catfish are why I carry a dehooker, can just pop them off right next to the boat.

Welcome,

Alex

Kept him at the bow till I got to shore and was able to get the camera. By the time I got back to the yak he had made his way towards the rear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts