Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went into the gulf last night and stayed waaaaay to late. but wanted to get a limit while the seas were good. the water was perfect and full of life. the baby shrimp have hatched so plenty of food for everyone. saw 2 green turtles in knee deep water,several big rays and 41 flounder. most of the flounder were under 13"s. i got 9 that were 13" to 16". 2 spooked b4 i could get a shot and 2 i totally MISSED!!!!
hence the title. i'll put the pic up later at work now. i hope the water stays calm a few nights this week.

·
Registered
115 Posts
gotcha....thanks!

i usually go solo in my small boat. i get a little spooked about taking it outside the pass at night by myself, but i have thought about it.

·
mullet head
232 Posts
gotcha....thanks!

i usually go solo in my small boat. i get a little spooked about taking it outside the pass at night by myself, but i have thought about it.
yeah it can get hairy floundering out there in a boat real quick take one wave in the boat and if not prepared to react quick ur on the bottom i would not suggest it to just anybody with a boat!!

·
mullet head
232 Posts
i also saw a ton of shorts and over ten turtles about the size of a basket ball(not sure what kind) good job thats a-lot of walking!! but well worth it im sure! what tipe of shoes or boots do u use do to all the rays? i saw bunch of them also and they always seem to be everywhere!

good job capt!

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i also saw a ton of shorts and over ten turtles about the size of a basket ball(not sure what kind) good job thats a-lot of walking!! but well worth it im sure! what tipe of shoes or boots do u use do to all the rays? i saw bunch of them also and they always seem to be everywhere!

good job capt!
I wear anckle wading boots with rubber soles from academy. they help keep the sand. then chest waders when it gets cold

1 - 8 of 8 Posts