Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Blind Squirrel
270 Posts
Nice. And with an hour of light left too. I can never get that lucky. Seems like majority of times I ever get a shot in the afternoon is with only about 5 minutes of legal light left. Hopefully he piled up somewhere close. Lookin forward to the pics.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Crazy. Found the bolt, with the Lumenock lit right where the deer was standing, and it was covered from end to end in good blood. I saw the bolt hit him, looked like a double lung, maybe a bit high, but definitely a kill shot. We looked in the direction he ran for about 45 minutes, and never found a drop of blood. Finally, went back to the scene of the crime, and started following fresh running tracks and marking them. After the third set of tracks, maybe 30 yards from where he was standing, found two fresh tracks and blood and hair on a sapling on the side of the trail, pretty high up off the ground.

Another 45 minutes of searching, and NADA. Fortunately it's cool tonight, so gonna go back and start over tomorrow after the morning hunt.

·
Super Moderator
29,873 Posts
Good luck on the return....find a dog....

Reactions: cody&ryand

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Good luck. I’m going back today to look for buzzards since I couldn’t find mine last weekend after over 3 hours of looking. I’d like to at least recover the antlers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts