Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decked a charter on the GAMBLER yesterday. After we got back to the marina and I was cleaning all the fish we were visited by two FWC officers and one ofthe scientist that do the fish catch surveys. The guy's hung around for a little while after our clients left we all got to talking about snapper. You know, limits, season length, availability the whole deal.

Long story short. Both parties agreed that the new regs coming out were going to shorten the season to 56 days for 2010. That the decisions had been made and that due to 1 million pounds of over kill last season we were to lose another couple of weeks off the season this season. These guy's I feel should be in theknow and have fairly accurate information, has anyone else heard these rumors?

That would make snapper season from June to July..

·
Registered
4 Posts
On my boat we practice conservation and venting etc.....We still kill a lot of fish trying to get our limitand meet the size requirements, although it is getting a lot easier. It just seems there should be a better way, why not keep the first 4 or 5 you catch no matter what size, what does size have to do with it anyways. I know most guys would cull a small fish throughout the day but atleast on my boat it would save a huge number of lives. We usually stop and catch our snapper as fast as possible and then go on grouper fishing etc...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts