Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to the tree at 7:30am Wednesday. Was planning on watching a blocked off dim road. From the ground the tree I picked look just right, but after getting up I couldn't see down the road. Some big oaks and short pines blocked the view. Plus the wind was blowing that way too. So I was thinking wasted morning :thumbdown: "O" well I'll just slide around the tree and look the other way. Got settled back in pulled out my new grunt to check out what it sounded like. Primos Buck roar.....sounded good :thumbsup: About that time I heard a limb snap behind me...... DAMN out from under those oaks come this guy looking for a fight. Hair all bristled up ears back BOOM :thumbup: 7:43AM 13 minutes
Must have been the doe sent, grunt, scratching around the tree and my master hunting skills. :whistling: He came in from down wind and I wasn't 15 feet up the tree.
5POINT1.jpg

5POINT2.jpg

5POINT3.jpg

4pt could say hang a ring on it 5pt But, anyway legal with 15" beams

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Dang, you have stacked a few haven't you? Congrats!

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its always somebody else! lol, good job
You got that right.....I left out that I hunted Friday, Saturday, Sunday,
Monday and Tuesday with out seeing a deer. Only heard 1 shot for those 5 days. Wednesday I heard 6 shots in the morning and 4 that afternoon.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
I know that's not a .223 you're shooting, right? Congrats!!

·
Super Moderator
28,614 Posts
Yepper...you suck!!! Man, you keep it up---Fink will be outta business!!! Congrats on ANOTHER un!!! hahaha

Reactions: Jaw Jacker

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Nice buck congrats! They sure are rutting. My dad watched two bucks yesterday morning chasing does back and forth. None were legal to shoot and my sister watched a spike mount a doe this morning. All in Blackwater.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts