Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got off work shortly after lunch. Had some wings at the Oval Office, dropped the work trailer off, grabbed my daughter and loaded up the boat. Finally by 430 launched and made the long trek from the ramp

Lines in by 4:45, shorts came a plenty, then the break offs from Daughter and wife, (inshore setups, lol). Finally handed my wife my jigging rod I had set up for bottom fishing, while I re rigged hers again. Almost done tying a leader and she gets hammered. Jr jumped up front to help momma... or take the rod I should say lol. He horsed in a decent bay snapper. Few more shorts and daughter put a keeper in the boat

Hit Oar House for some grub and loaded back up. Think I may do some bay hoping this weekend!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,866 Posts
Thanks for the report Jason.
Some of those Bay spots hold some nice Snapper. They can be finicky though..

·
Registered
11,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We're lucky to have a deep bay that holds fish when the gulf won't work. Great pictures.
There are plenty deep as well...... but these were in 25 ft of water, lol. I have caught bigger ones in less than 20. We do have a great bay eco system though!

·
Registered
11,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the report Jason.
Some of those Bay spots hold some nice Snapper. They can be finicky though..
Nothing like wreck fishing in the gulf, gotta be a little more patient in the bay, lol. They are there though

·
Registered
10,145 Posts
Awesome!...Do you think the bay will be packed with boats chasing snapper this weekend?
You can bet it will be loaded. It was last 3 days. There ar hundreds of spots in the bay.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
family fun at it's best. good job.
jack

1 - 10 of 10 Posts