Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

61 - 80 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Here's an interstate, it's 12' wide, state and county roads are as narrow as 8'.

View attachment 1070515
This is an interesting point. If I can manage to haul my trailer across 3-mile bridge without the uprights taking out the center divider poles, I think it's very fair to expect two trailers to fit on a 22-foot wide ramp.

[I like to ride on the dotted line so no one who might not know what they're doing can get too close to me.] I like to stay in the middle of the shoreline boat ramp for that exact same reason
Just so I understand it correctly ... you take up the whole ramp to protect yourself from stupid or incompetent people?

·
Registered
72 Posts
This is an interesting point. If I can manage to haul my trailer across 3-mile bridge without the uprights taking out the center divider poles, I think it's very fair to expect two trailers to fit on a 22-foot wide ramp.

Just so I understand it correctly ... you take up the whole ramp to protect yourself from stupid or incompetent people?
No, not entirely. The primary reason I do so is because that's exactly what I see everyone else doing each time I've gone there. None are ever hugging the side, and many selfishly stage their boats after launching on the inside (ramp) area there, which blocks mumblin' bubba the internet trailer hero from even attempting to jam his fuckboat in because there's a launched boat sitting in the way blocking half the ramp.

In a case like this when a boat is tied up on one side, I absolutely do launch on the open side of the ramp, and in every single instance I'm out of there before that tied up boat moves.

But there are still plenty of stupid and incompetent people to be worried about.

After seeing the venezuelans with the pontoon boat sideways and sticking up in the air I realized just how dangerous it could be. This wasn't a boat fails video on youtube, it was happening in the ramp next to us. A second boat or trailer in that ramp alongside them would have been totaled, and anyone in the boat or water would have been hurt or killed.

Could two trailers "be expected to fit?" Did it occur years ago, possibly with much smaller boats? Of course, but as stated for multiple reasons, the ramps don't actually operate that way on a day to day basis.

So I will keep doing exactly what everyone else there does, getting into the water and out of the way quickly, efficiently and safely, using the same order & process they use.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
No, not entirely. The primary reason I do so is because that's exactly what I see everyone else doing each time I've gone there. None are ever hugging the side, and many selfishly stage their boats after launching on the inside (ramp) area there, which blocks mumblin' bubba the internet trailer hero from even attempting to jam his fuckboat in because there's a launched boat sitting in the way blocking half the ramp.

In a case like this when a boat is tied up on one side, I absolutely do launch on the open side of the ramp, and in every single instance I'm out of there before that tied up boat moves.

But there are still plenty of stupid and incompetent people to be worried about.

After seeing the venezuelans with the pontoon boat sideways and sticking up in the air I realized just how dangerous it could be. This wasn't a boat fails video on youtube, it was happening in the ramp next to us. A second boat or trailer in that ramp alongside them would have been totaled, and anyone in the boat or water would have been hurt or killed.

Could two trailers "be expected to fit?" Did it occur years ago, possibly with much smaller boats? Of course, but as stated for multiple reasons, the ramps don't actually operate that way on a day to day basis.

So I will keep doing exactly what everyone else there does, getting into the water and out of the way quickly, efficiently and safely, using the same order & process they use.
So, you are saying that since you have seen some selfish people, you'll out-selfish them and hog a 22 wide ramp with a single jetski.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Your straw man is saying that, not me. Please read the thread more carefully.
I did...you keep trying to justify hogging a double wide ramp with a single jetski. You must be one of those who parks sideways across parking spots while shopping, too.

·
One eye fishing,
640 Posts
"Just so I understand it correctly ... you take up the whole ramp to protect yourself from stupid or incompetent people?"

Lol...:ROFLMAO:(y)

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
or maybe the killer shark in the top right corner?
shit, i forgot to refresh. check post #36
jack

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
i'm outta popcorn and beer. be back soon. carry on.
jack

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
When I pull my boat out, I leave it parked right at the top of the ramp. Sometimes for 45 minutes or more, while I wash it and flush the engine. I block the entire ramp, no one in or out until my boat is washed and flushed, trailer washed also..

Of course it’s a private boat ramp;)

·
Registered
446 Posts
When I pull my boat out, I leave it parked right at the top of the ramp. Sometimes for 45 minutes or more, while I wash it and flush the engine. I block the entire ramp, no one in or out until my boat is washed and flushed, trailer washed also..

So you're block it to keep clear of all the Venezuelan idiots and bubba's too?

·
Registered
72 Posts

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
So you're block it to keep clear of all the Venezuelan idiots and bubba's too?
The ramp is at a private marina. There are only about thirty or so boats there. I have never had to wait for the ramp. In or out.

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
2,983 Posts
I guess he's still workin' on it.

When I found this forum, I wondered why it wasn't seeing the traffic I figured it would. The interface is nice, it's well organized, and there are a good selection of topics and apparently some decent local knowledge.

But when you have a "super moderator" popping into a thread for no good reason except to expressly to insult a new member, and then banning them when he starts losing the fight he himself quite publicly picked, it kind of explains it all.

It creates a toxic culture of internet-know-it-alls rather than one of inclusion and expansion. Being a mod is a responsibility that shouldn't be abused to insult people and then ban them when they get their ass kicked.

I hope they get the right people in position to expand and move it forward someday.
LMAO, Seriously? Have you even ever been to the shoreline ramp? The OP wanting it posted No Wake makes about as much sense as putting Speed-Bumps on I-10.
You've been on this forum for 2 months, and you haven't noticed that we do not like change?
If it isn't broke, don't fix it with something worse.
Besides, he was just having a little fun, wasn't nothing serious, at least I didn't see it that way.
It helps to have a sense of humor too.
BTW, is the OP any relation to you?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hahaha!

On the no wake issue I completely agree with you. It's impossible to even discuss it seriously. And at shoreline, jet skis don't even pull directly into the ramps. I've only seen skis going right for the dock edges or beaching until someone goes and gets the trailer wet.

·
Super Moderator
12,706 Posts
Frickin smooth brains.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

61 - 80 of 104 Posts