Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

41 - 60 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
12,783 Posts
If you can pull your ski down a 2 lane hwy at 65mph on a 10' wide lane and an 18 wheeler going to opposite direction on a 10' wide lane can pass without the two of you colliding....you should be competent enough to back down your little ski in a 11.5' wide lane. No matter how badly you want it to be so, and no matter what anybody else may do on that ramp, each side is a double ramp. Don't be like the other goons, launch properly and save everyone a little headache.

·
Registered
641 Posts
You can attempt a "Triple Lindy" at Shoreline Park for all I care ... I was simply pointing out that there is a ramp installed specifically for personal watercraft. I can account for 4 wide launch back to the early 70's at Shoreline. Do whatever you feel compelled to do ... That seems to be the trend these days.
It's described as a dual boat launch by the City of Gulf Breeze.

Shoreline Park South - City of Gulf Breeze

Dual Boat Launch with Decks and Parking

Which is 100% consistent with how it's being used.

·
Registered
74 Posts
@HighCotton Understood. I checked out that "PWC" area when I first went there as I hadn't seen anyone use it. It's not usable for a few reasons, but if they dug it out the same as the other ramps it would work great for single trailered PWCs.

@jspooney Yeah man, I go around at first to the washdown area and don't even get in line until I'm 100% set up and ready. I'm on the ramp for less than a total of sixty seconds, and my daughter taxis it out of the way while I am off to park (straight).

I've been blocked in there by a sideways parker once. I had to detach my trailer and manually drag it around another two trucks to get it out. Someone driving by saw what was happening and helped me lug it. Cooler heads prevailed but looking back on it, I should have had that guy's brand new diesel dually and his huge trailer towed, but that would have obligated me to stay there for an unknown amount of time just to see the look on his face.

·
One eye fishing,
642 Posts
I think it would be used more as a 4 lane ramp if people wouldn't stage their boats inside the docks behind the ramps. That automatically makes the next person squeeze to the opposite side. I've seen it when there are boats staged on both sides of the ramp inside the docks as opposed to moving outside.
2 cents..

·
Super Moderator
12,720 Posts
When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. You have no worries and are oblivious to everything, it is only difficult for the people around you.

Apparently it's the same way when you are stupid.

Shoreline is designed to launch 4 boats at 1 time(5 if you count the west ramp)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Green Eggs And Ham
9,577 Posts
lol @ "at the same time" fact but still funnaah

Yeah how do you convince someone that is stupid that they are stupid.

·
Super Moderator
12,720 Posts
I guess this is an attempt to imply I'm some old boomer "back in my day"..

Nah, I'm just a 31yr old that can back a trailer down and isn't a dumbass.

·
Registered
74 Posts
And apparently he's a failure at banning too.

If Elmer Fudd sold his fucking shotgun and bought a boat, I swear to God.. LMFAO

·
Registered
74 Posts
I guess he's still workin' on it.

When I found this forum, I wondered why it wasn't seeing the traffic I figured it would. The interface is nice, it's well organized, and there are a good selection of topics and apparently some decent local knowledge.

But when you have a "super moderator" popping into a thread for no good reason except to expressly to insult a new member, and then banning them when he starts losing the fight he himself quite publicly picked, it kind of explains it all.

It creates a toxic culture of internet-know-it-alls rather than one of inclusion and expansion. Being a mod is a responsibility that shouldn't be abused to insult people and then ban them when they get their ass kicked.

I hope they get the right people in position to expand and move it forward someday.

·
Super Moderator
12,720 Posts
It's a joke, not a dick. Don't take it so hard.

You're gonna fit in just fine. Even if you back down the center if the ramp like a smooth brain

41 - 60 of 104 Posts