Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
12,784 Posts
Have you been there? Shoreline has two parallel ramps separated by a dock in the middle. They are most definitely not wide enough for two vehicles. I have never seen anyone trying to do that there. It would be comical.
You must be new. Shoreline is most definitely a double ramp. I launch next to people who actually know how to back down a ramp all the time. It’s plenty wide for two big boats...there should be four trailers in the water at the ramp. Only reason not to is a lack of knowledge or a lack of skill.

·
Green Eggs And Ham
9,584 Posts
I have backed down the ramp with another person already on one side and I have gotten some bad looks but I usually back down and launch before they get upset.

·
Registered
12,784 Posts
I have backed down the ramp with another person already on one side and I have gotten some bad looks but I usually back down and launch before they get upset.
Same here. I don’t care if you don’t think it’s big enough for two or not...it was built for two so I’m gonna use it.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Here's an interstate, it's 12' wide, state and county roads are as narrow as 8', I like to ride on the dotted line so no one who might not know what they're doing can get too close to me.

Reactions: alcaniz

·
Registered
74 Posts
Here's an interstate, it's 12' wide, state and county roads are as narrow as 8', I like to ride on the dotted line so no one who might not know what they're doing can get too close to me.

View attachment 1070515
I like to stay in the middle of the shoreline boat ramp for that exact same reason. I've never seen two people trying to launch boats on one of the shoreline ramps at the same time. When I started using that place, I did what I saw everyone else doing; waiting your turn and launching your craft quickly and efficiently.

After seeing those people with the pontoon boat sideways and sticking up in the air, I'll continue to do so.

The boat trailer tough guys (which are curiously found only on the internet and never at the boat ramp) can continue to wait their turn just like everyone else.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Also load your boat and run your motor at home before you launch.
I start the night before, and the day of before I pull out of the driveway.

And for goodness sake, make sure the plug(s) are in. I have a sticker on the front of the trailer by the winch that is there expressly to remind me to double check.

Even though I have done it a hundred times, I still prefer a manual checklist.

·
Registered
12,784 Posts
So, basically, since you are launching a daunting 5’ wide watercraft, you are going to pull right down the middle of a double launch that is 22’ wide, because the 12 trucks waiting to launch might possibly be beginners and not know what they are doing? Yep, that makes sense.

·
Registered
74 Posts
So, basically, since you are launching a daunting 5’ wide watercraft, you are going to pull right down the middle of a double launch that is 22’ wide, because the 12 trucks waiting to launch might possibly be beginners and not know what they are doing? Yep, that makes sense.
Yup. Exactly the same way everyone else there does it.

12 trucks? LOL - I go out of there every weekend at 7am and the line has neither been more than three long nor the wait longer than a few minutes.

If I go somewhere else to launch, I will watch what everyone there does and do the same thing.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Just another googan at Shoreline. Im sure he parks long ways in the grass instead of pulling in straight because he saw another dumb ass do that

21 - 40 of 104 Posts