Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why isnt there a small "No Wake" area. Just dont get why people come in with a wake to get boats out, especially jet skis, some smooth brained woman nearly injured my girlfriend, cut me in line, and didnt make room for me too put my trailer in. Hate people

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Welcome to the new Gulf coast where common sense and common courtesy have become very uncommon. Googans and Yankees have made me a weekday only fisherman. Welcome to the forum too, none of the aforementioned idiots abide here. Well, not too many.

·
Registered
448 Posts
It may get a bit more crowed at Shoreline for a bit. I just heard that Orieole Beach will be closing nest week for repairs. I am grateful because it is very close to my house but the timing is not the best. Why not do it in the fall? I am guessing that it is a use it or lose it funding issue to schedule it the last week of snapper season.

·
Center Mass at 300m
2,138 Posts
Sorry azzhole... that was me. Next time learn to not take up both lanes of the ramp and tell the old lady to keep her hands & feet in while docking.

Btw, jetskii's don't make a wake when we're running 75mph-!

(joking man, & welcome to the group!)
Jr.

·
Registered
74 Posts
It's really shallow there too. Last time I was hauling out I watch a group of latinos nearly manage to get a pontoon boat sideways on the ramp. One of them was blocking the roadway with his vehicle too. Then when we left, the same asshat was blocking the road with the same car trying to help the other idiot back the trailer into one of the spots.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Why isnt there a small "No Wake" area. Just dont get why people come in with a wake to get boats out, especially jet skis, some smooth brained woman nearly injured my girlfriend, cut me in line, and didnt make room for me too put my trailer in. Hate people
To answer your question, why should there be a no wake zone there? While I agree it's a pain in the arse when the waves roll, you're going to catch them from boats running out there in the shipping channel on a bad day. Ever launched there during a Blues weekend?

Reactions: parrothead

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I actually thought I saw a small no-wake buouy as I was approaching the ramp the last time I launched at Shoreline. I don't care for that ramp all that much, so I don't use it that often, but you guys are right about common sense and common courtesy becoming oxymorons. People tying up ramps doing unnecessary things or things that should have been done in the loading zone really gets on my nerves.

Reactions: DLo

·
Registered
12,784 Posts
Say no to a no wake zone. It isn’t needed. I’ve launched there for 15 years and have never, ever had a problem. I don’t see the issue.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I go down the middle because I really don't want someone that doesn't know what the F they are doing close alongside my truck or my ski. It takes about 30 seconds to get my ski off the trailer and have my daughter taxi it out of the way.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
I go down the middle because I really don't want someone that doesn't know what the F they are doing close alongside my truck or my ski. It takes about 30 seconds to get my ski off the trailer and have my daughter taxi it out of the way.
I can guarantee that if it's a double ramp and there's an inch left for me to back in next to you, I'll not wait.

Reactions: jaster

·
Registered
74 Posts
Have you been there? Shoreline has two parallel ramps separated by a dock in the middle. They are most definitely not wide enough for two vehicles. I have never seen anyone trying to do that there. It would be comical.

·
Registered
74 Posts
If you don’t like anybody next to you, you wouldn’t like the Navarre Beach ramp.
I'd never have occasion to launch there, but thanks, noted.

On a wide ramp, that would be fine by me. I didn't mean to imply I would hog a ramp designed for two. But the thread topic of shoreline most def is not that way, and anyone pulling alongside on that narrow ramp would be launching a boat under a foot from another one. Most people at shoreline go right down the center, I suppose to not invite this, and also because it's not that wide and there are rocks on either side as well.

As stated prior, I watched a group of non-english speaking latinos jam a pontoon boat sideways in the launch area and almost capsize it when they began trying to retreat the truck.

Anyone who wants to pull their brand new sea hunt within a foot alongside that, buona fortuna!

I'll wait.

·
Jaded Old Phart
5,930 Posts
We really need a web cam at the boat launch. If not for just entertainment purposes.
Could be a money maker! There's web cams that are free viewing so the $$$ has to come from the advertisers.
Think of THIS website.

·
Registered
8,352 Posts
Fargo, the Navarre Beach ramp is a triple.
It’s the only triple I know of in the area but I haven’t used all the ones around here.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts