Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m working on a proposal to give to the city Council in Gulf Breeze concerning Shoreline boat launch. In my opinion, it could be laid out much more efficiently. One issue is the giant median that seems to serve no purpose but to get in the way. Another issue is the angle of the parking spaces. Do you have any suggestions that I should include and give to the council? Or, do you think everything is just fine and we should just leave it alone? Of course...the first thing that needs to happen is fix the launch.

·
Registered
466 Posts
marked truck/trailer only spots and marked single vehicle spots with a notice on towing if parked in the wrong spot. This happens at multiple ramps...where it's a busy day and Joe-Bob and his little Suburu friends take up multiple trailer spots.

·
Registered
14,268 Posts
AS all ramps in this area, and I use them all from time to time, more parking.
With all the newbie boat owners, ramps are under extreme pressure.

·
Registered
615 Posts
They need more pavement area, clear more woods and pave.
"They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot

They took all the trees
Put 'em in a tree museum
And they charged the people
A dollar and a half just to see 'em

Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got
Till it's gone
..."

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Here's my $0.02 -
1) MOVE the location of the toll booth. It causes delays because of how far away it is from the staging area. Why can't the toll booth move way up the hill? Like, almost right when you enter the facility?
2) Consider automating the toll collection - I know there was a thread on here about Bayou Texar freaking out and charging multiple times....but, there are apps, there are point-of-sale systems, whatever...just something quicker than having to do the Q&A with the toll keeper.
3) "Launch Only" hours - say, from 4:00 AM to 8:00 AM. This is almost always the case anyway, but there are still a few bumbling idiots here and there trying to get a boat out early in the AM.
4) Jet Ski Launches ALREADY exist at Shoreline - better signage would indicate this!
5) Hey, I'm a kayaker and paddleboarder, so don't hate me for this - but, only allow paddle craft to launch from the beach/swimming area. A few weeks ago, some guys were really fouling everything up trying to "launch" their kayaks in the boat ramps. The swimming area is perfect for launching paddle craft - forbid it at the boat ramp area.
6) As far as the median goes - here's an idea: Left Launch, Right Retrieve. Use the left lane if you are launching, use the right lane if retrieving.
7) Same for ramps, left to launch right to retrieve (unless #3 above).
8) Enforcement - Hey, we all probably don't want more government telling us what to do, but if there was SOME type of authority out there just to keep things "moving" then that would be great!
9) Repair the Sally damage to the piers and dockage, please!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts