Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
sperry makes a shoe similar to a tennis shoe but with add stuff in it for vibration I got a pair last year at the boat show work great just cant remeber the name I will try to post it on here later

·
Super Moderator
5,959 Posts
Sperry Billfishers for me. Been wearing them for about 15 years now offshore. Each to they own, I just like those. Comfort and some protection from toothies.......

·
Super Moderator
20,433 Posts
Downtime2 (2/19/2010)Sperry Billfishers for me. Been wearing them for about 15 years now offshore. Each to they own, I just like those. Comfort and some protection from toothies.......
Break down and buy you another pair Wade, after 15 years Im sure there wore out.

·
Super Moderator
5,959 Posts
Splittine (2/19/2010)
Downtime2 (2/19/2010)Sperry Billfishers for me. Been wearing them for about 15 years now offshore. Each to they own, I just like those. Comfort and some protection from toothies.......
Break down and buy you another pair Wade, after 15 years Im sure there wore out.
Hell, I just got em' trained to put themselves away at night....

·
Fishing Goddess
1,072 Posts
Sperry Topsiders...not only for fishing but they are just all around good comfortable shoes. I teach school and am on my feet most of the day and I wear them just about every day...have many pairs.

·
Registered
61 Posts
always liked jogging shoes - lots of support and most have cushinging to smooth out the ride. I retire a pair to baot duty....

·
Registered
304 Posts
sperry for me and the crew, we all wear 'em. good all around shoes: dinner, lounging, vacation, etc. a pair for fishing and a pair for styling. I soak mine in a cleaner solution for a day after each trip and dry 'em and they ready for some more.

·
Registered
191 Posts
My personal favorite is barefoot on the boat, but if i have to wear something it would be my reef sandles or my sperry topsiders

·
Fish Alot Catch None
1,142 Posts
There are several brands of shoes that are comfortable. Crocs being one, but beware your foot will slide around alot when they are wet. Sperry, Cabelas, and Bass Pro all make similar shoes for boating. My suggestion is too use shoes that are lace free. No matter how good the shoe be prepared to change them out every year. All shoes loose there grip overtime. The offshore environment is harsh on shoes all the way around. No matter what the brand and the price, none are made to last. When you knees and back begin to ache, the shoes are worn out. Shoes should be change out regularly.

My vote is for the Cabelas Guidewear lace free. Affortable and lots of grip. Use them for a year offshore, and them wear them for mowing the grass when they begin to lose their grip.

Always have an extra old pair on board. It sucks when you have a shoe fail and you offshore trip just started.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Do any of yall wear the white deckhand-style boots? I was wondering if they would be worth a shot, or if my feet would sweat off during the summer.

Bob

·
Registered
941 Posts
I have worn Topsiders for more than 40 years. The last 20 if have worn their shoe built in cooperation w/ New Balance. I provides the grip of a Sperry with the comfort and support of a running shoe. Last year they came out with the Men's ASV Athletic Shoe that was built in cooperation of either Saucony or ASICS. They are great for my overweight middle aged body that is facing a knee replacement! Sperry's Amphibious Lace built w/ Saucony looks a good choice too that is not as pricey.

I think sandals don't mix w/ offshore fishing, but certainly understand their popularity. The Sperry Men's Santa Cruz, two straps are what I would recommend over the various thong sandals.

Bellafishing, buy the boots and let me know. I would like a pair for Spring and Fall. I hate cold wet feet!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have some Rugged Shark boots and boat shoes. The boots are fantastic. They are the big white ones. Insulated, non-marking, and comfortable. However, you do not want to wear them if it's warm outside.

The shoes are horrible. Non-marking soles but slipped and busted my ass first day. No traction if the deck is wet. I guess they call them deck shoes because they will put you on the deck asap. I like my flippy-floppies but they don't give enough support.

·
Registered
852 Posts
bellafishing (2/26/2010)Do any of yall wear the white deckhand-style boots? I was wondering if they would be worth a shot, or if my feet would sweat off during the summer.

Bob

Too hot for me in the summer/fall. I wear them in the winter and spring although. I wear topsiders in the summer. I dunk them in the cooler then slap em' on.

·
Registered
478 Posts
X2 CapeHorn 24, nothing like being barefoot, but I have paid the man for it, also love my topsiders.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Xtra tuff alaskan sneakers for the summer and full boots for the winter.

No bare feet for me. Seen it go wrong too many times. I wish I had a picture of the deacon blues mate Winslow from the big rock a few years ago. Had a little dolphin flopping on deck and he got a 12/0 that went into the bottom of his foot and came out the top.

Michael and a few of the boys carried him off at the end of the day and sent him to the ER.

No thanks.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I like barefoot, but i dont like bleeding all over a boat. ect. so i am shopping for something that will work this summer. I have been wearing the wading boots from bass pro(20$) this winter and they work great.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts