Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys

How many of you have the NEW Core mg 50 reels? I just upgraded all my reel from the Curado 200E7 to the Core 50MG.... this past week

Lots of guys think because of the magnesium in the reel they will not hold up in saltwater. Every Shimano board I have been on talks highly of the reels and how they hold up in Saltwater

have any of you had any problems with them

This is the best reel I can say I ever used.... Im 32 and have owned many reels and have been fishing 25 years!!!

·
Registered
778 Posts
What I wonder about these superlight baitcasters is more the gears than the frame. The main gear is aluminum. Years ago when Ambassador changed their main gears from steel to aluminum they stripped out right and left. How much weight did they save with this change? I think I could live with maybe another 1/2 oz of weight to get a stouter main gear. Shimano is a great company though and most of the reels they put out are top notch. Put it to the test. I don't know if you ever visit TackleTour but they do a lot of on the water testing of all the new reels coming out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts