Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
I was just near the back gate of NAS and there was a flashing traffic sign out front that said sherman cove marina closed.

·
Registered
9,385 Posts
I talked to security a couple hours ago and was told by the Sargent that they were telling people as they came in the gates that if you launched and the booms were deployed across the opening while you were out you might not be able to return to the Cove. They weren't stopping people from launching yesterday or today just telling them what the Sargent told me.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went by the front desk at Sherman Cove this morning. The Sherman Cove channel was boomed on both sides leading to the ICW.

Desk manager says Sherman Cove ramps are currentlyclosed to recreational anglers, but the decision to keep it shut down or open it back up will be looked at on a frequent basis. We will see...

Meanwhile, oil work boatsare allowed to launch and recover at sherman cove.

According to the desk manager at sherman cove, the bayou grande ramp on NAS is open...

Mark W

·
Registered
9,761 Posts
<p class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="font-size: 9pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Thanks for the info, I have to drop by there today and give them more money. Not sure what for, I guess is so the prisoners can week whack the rocks into the side of the boat for me.....<span style="font-size: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p></p>

·
Registered
9,385 Posts
I was down there this morning and the marina is not closed to recreational anglers two boats with fishing poles launched and went out fishing. The booms aren't across the opening of Sheman Cove to restrict anyone from coming back in they are run from the ramps to both sides of the opening leaving a channel to go out and come back in.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sealark,

Are you calling me a liar or mistaken?I went to the front desk and asked this morning at 08:30 am did you?

I saw what looked to be two boatsthat had launchedwith fishing poles and was told they had "pulled in" for gas and ice- when i asked about them.

Again, this morning I was told the ramps are closed for recrerational launching-this morning by the sherman cove manager on site..
mark

·
Registered
9,385 Posts
Yes I did yesterday and was told the same thing you were. Then I called security and was told they were only telling people that IF they went out and the booms were across the opening they May not get back in. I then called Trey at the marina and she said OH. If they are closed why have NO boats been stopped from launching. We sat down there this AM and watched Mike Fierce (Sherman Dockmaster) say nothing to either of the two boats that launched. Call and ask security and then call and ask Trey. Then post what they tell you. As for calling you a lier, Hell no I am saying that no one knows what the hell is going on and is just saying things that aren't correct to everyone.

Security 452-2846
Sherman Cove 452-2212

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lastcast (07/06/2010)I just called, Trey said it's closed right now but, they are going to have another meeting at 1pm.

Skip
Lastcast

that can't be right. Sealark says sherman cove is open.:D

MarkW

·
Registered
9,385 Posts
I am saying no one knows what the hell is going on. Florida is open to fishing out to 9 miles why would or should the Marina be closed. And if it is why the conflict? I want to go out as bad as anyone does.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts