Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody know if you can launch a kayak out of Sherman Cove? also, if you can what are the hours for sherman Cove Marina? can you get and launch anytime of the day or night?

·
Registered
716 Posts
You can launch from there but with all the boats coming in and out I would launch just past it driving towards the lighthouse. There is a place right past it where people fish and walk their dogs on the right. I've launched there a few times with no problems and you are literally right at the pass.

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,134 Posts
You are only allowed on base with a sponsor, to go to the museum, or for work I believe. I doubt the gate guard will let you aboard without a military, DOD, or Contractor id unless you can show some need to go aboard.

Jim

·
Senior Yakker
2,768 Posts
When I do it, rarely, I go to the end of the road at Johnson beach. Several miles to the fort from there but good fishing all the way. Plus you can stop by the no motor zone at redfish point...

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
You're talking about fort Mcree, Right? Not fort Pickens...You can put in for $5 at southwind marina. It's less than half the paddle of Johnson Beach.

·
Senior Yakker
2,768 Posts
aquatic argobull said:
You're talking about fort Mcree, Right? Not fort Pickens...You can put in for $5 at southwind marina. It's less than half the paddle of Johnson Beach.
Oh really? Nice to know.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts