Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1500 today 6-7-2010 From Mr. Mike Helms after the meeting. Sherman Cove ramps have been and still are OPEN for launching. The only thing is if they boom the opening you MAY not be able to return and have to go to Bayou Grande to pull boat. The chances of booming the opening are very small. He also stated that most likely by tomorrow after another meeting the marina boom closing the opening will possibly be completely lifted as the oil is moving away from us somewhat.

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mike, I'll be back when everyone is getting ready to go out in the morning. Tell josh to look for me down there.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Ron!!!! Where did you get that real life cartoon of yourself!!!!! :D

If they do boom it, all we have to do is wait for the spill workers boats to go in the Cove?

I heard they can only work 20min an hr, due to heat or something? With thatwork time, I bet there will be a boat going in there every 20min.

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Run Dover (07/06/2010)Ron!!!! Where did you get that real life cartoon of yourself!!!!! :
Scott, I combed my hair and took a snapshot . here's one for you.:moon

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,259 Posts
Thanks for the updates Ron. Even though I don't launch from Sherman,I do occasionally stop in for fuel. The Porch Patrol is always appreciated no matter what the Jarhead says.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Basically the marina is open for business, just no rentals. The ramps are OPEN and always have been. The "closure" is for the channel only. Thing is, its really not closed. They call it "closed" because the VERY SMALL chance that the boom could be closed while you are out. This will only happen if oil comes in the pass. The oil slick is not close to the pass. Now IF the channel to sherman cove is boomed off, which is HIGHLY EXTREMELY VERY MUCH UNLIKELY in the next couple of days, wait around for 30 mins for a workboat to go in or out, or call 452-2212 (SCM) and talk to one of us, run your boat to bayou grande and someone will go get you and bring you to your truck. If you plan on keeping your boat in the water for a few days and you want to be safe, launch at bayou grande, and there is plenty of dockage there, complete with power hookups, water, showers, and go in and talk to mike helms, he will hook you up. Bayou grande will remain open for much longer than sherman cove due to its distance from the pass. Tomorrow at 1300 there is another meeting with the CO and XO of the base, and it is very likely sherman cove will be completely cleared and 100% open again. The sign at the back gate that says sherman cove is closed is WRONG, the store is open, lots are open, ramps are open etc. Sorry for all of the confusion, people hear things and take what they want of it and add their own twist and tell the next person. Go kill some fish. Any questions PM me and I'll be happy to talk to you

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
I moved the boom blocking A B and C docks today out to the shallow water so A, B, C are all open for transient docking. We are 100% up and running.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts