Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couldn't get offshore with the winds so after lunch at the Oar House we wentto the Passto try for a few sheepshead.This was my 13 year old daughter's 1st try at fishing. Her brother who was in from college for the Easter break talked her into it. Only saw one other guy get a sheepshead but the bite was steady for us and we caught two white trout, one flounder, a puffer fish and a number of sheepshead (didn't count) in about two hours. We must have been sitting right on top of the school. I hate cleaning sheepshead so we only took homefour sheepshead andone flounder. One of thethings I picked up at a local seminar that seemed to work was to hook shrimp through the tail for sheepshead.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Nice catch there. I had my brother and his wife here last weekend and we couldn't buy a fish with a buck (or more). We did have to fish when they could; not play the tides or time, so it wasn't the best situation. We did manage a couple of rat reds but would have liked to put them on something more substancial. Always like to see new fisherman (fisherwomen) catch fish.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts