Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Son woke me up this morning...."daddy get up , get ready let's go fishing"..... LET'S GOI said...(it was a great feeling )we dressed in a flash and by the time we were aboutto step out....daughter comes out...and says " where are you going.....I want to go too"....some tears on her eyes... (she's smart.....she knew dad couldn't say no!!!....so we slowed down momma got her ready whileI cookedsome breakfast....40mnts later we got on the road. Got us some live shrimp and there we went. Wind wasn't that bad...about 5 to 10mph and the tide was about to come in.... Got the boatin and cruised our way out . 1stop Navarre bridge....I could see whatIt looked sheephead on one of the bumpers there, so achored about 20 feet north. Classic of a con, bait was gone before it hit the bottom....how they do it?... I am not sure , but I wanted to find out.....kids had a blast catching puffer/balloon fish for a while....whenI relaizedI was running outta shrimp....(not really but you know what I mean...) wind picked up a bit.....so we movednorth west , There we chilled out, had a snack and while I was showing my youngest how to retrive the line very slow.... ...BAM!!!.....she laughed hard in excitement...set the hook.. pulled even harder ..work him out a bit, but it managed to squeeze himself between the pilons....and broke off.....So we kept trying and after 10mnts or so we landed a nice sheephead. Had two more fugitives run on me before we move out again. This time headed way east to deeper water...trolled some small streches but nothng. Headed back and stopped south of the bridge to try the last shripms we had . HAd another great run..don't know what it was..either a monster sheepie or a a big red....maybe a black drum...who knows but it felt big.....so gone he was... Rigged another srimp from the horn...when BAM BAM.....ffish on...Son pulled out a nice Pompano. Kept trying and got several hits , got one more sheepie right before we run out of shrimp. here are some pics.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Great Job Dad it dont get any better than seeing the look in the kids faces when they catch a monster fish :bowdown

1 - 15 of 15 Posts