Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
healthinspector
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this stupid june grass and algae is killin me. some days its there and other days its gone. i wanna take the 12/0s out so bad but i dont wanna get there and turn around like ive had to do twice already. its called june grass not august grass

·
Registered
424 Posts
I agree, it's August already, way past time for the June grass to go home. Start keeping track of the when it's high tide when you go, on 8-2-2010, we checked for June grass about 6 hours after high tide in the pass, it wasn't that bad. But the next day, fishing while it was high tide in the pass, it was awful! Of course when the surf is up, it'll be stirred up. Maybe fishing when the tide is outgoing and the surf is smooth, you can pick out good times when it's not so bad.

·
Registered
543 Posts
MAke you some sand spikes that are really tall... sort of like makin ur 12/0 a surf rod.. mine are about 4 1/2 feet tall from where reel sits to sand... keep line tight while paddling out (assuming ur yakin baits out) and use HEAVY break away type weights (somthing heavy enough to keep bait still ties to ur line thru swivel with 8-10 lb test so it will break away when shark hits) as long as you keep line tight at all times u dont have to worry about the grass that much. From my experience the grass drasticly thins out past the surf line... maybe that will help. Grass doesnt stop us when were ready to go. only thing that stops us in not havin the bait i want (cudas and kings) lol and being to lazy to go catch the bait.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts