Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Ha ha Tom!

Actually Viking, glad you brought that up!! I forgot all about that weekend being memorial day. I am going to go back and edit the choices, because it will be impossible to find a spot for all of us out there on that weekend. We barely fit as it is any other weekend.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Definitely not looking good for this weekend, they say this next storm could bring another round of tornadoes to areas already hit by the last storm, Spring storm season is upon us! We won't have the severe weather but we'll be getting plenty of wind! The last sentence tells you it could get ugly, we'll have big waves but also they are calling for "Tides Above Normal"! You typically only see this with Tropical Systems so this must be a strong Spring time storm! I would still wait untilWednesday or Thursday tocall it because you never knowwith a forecast this far out but it sure doesn't look good right now!

Marine Forecast Starting with Friday

FridaySoutheast winds around 20 knots becoming south overnight. Seas 5 to 7 feet building to 6 to 8 feet overnight. Bays and coastal waterways rough. Chance of showers and thunderstorms. A Small Craft Advisory will likely be required.

SaturdaySouth winds 20 to 25 knots. Seas 6 to 8 feet. Bays and coastal waterways rough. Chance of showers and thunderstorms. Tides above normal.

·
Registered
5,546 Posts

Someone is just a little too excited..................................

Any update on the date, or is this still gonna happen this weekend as planned?????????

<span style="font-size: medium">May 21st - 23rd .................Good "Plan-B" for us.................<span style="font-size: medium">

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Fox news is what most people know as over-exaggerated drama news. I've watched the news tonight and no mention of it reaching land yet. The Coast Guard is talking about lighting it on fire tomorrow, that combined with evaporation could get rid of a lot of it, just to early to tell. Right now the prevailing currents are East to West and the Winds are NW so the slick has been moving further away from shore. Tomorrow the winds are going to turn and come from the South and then Southeast, Southeast winds won't bring the Oil Slick our direction. Southwest winds will kick in this weekend and that's when there is a chance the Oil Slick could start our way but right now there is no mention of it making landfall just yet, not on the real news channels anyways. Nature has a way of cleaning itself and there is a lot of ocean between us and where the oil slick is now, if it stays off shore it will break up and evaporate over time. Positive thoughts people, enough of the doomsday posts :banghead

Edit: Some proof of what I've just said from a CNN article.

"Landry said it appears the slick should remain at sea for at least the next three days, although weather reports for the latter part of that period suggest the wind could shift and blow the slick toward land.

The oil, if it stays at sea, will eventually evaporate, breakdown and sink, or get cleaned up."

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Well, Friday sat and Sun, winds in the 20's with gust in the 30's. Hell for having a tent, and being sandblasted non stop.

Chance of theunderstorms every day.

And waves?
<span class="Apple-style-span" style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Arial, sans-serif; ">FridaySoutheast winds around 20 knots. Seas 5 to 7 feet. Bays and coastal waterways choppy to rough. Showers and thunderstorms likely. Tides above normal.Friday NightSoutheast winds around 20 knots becoming south after midnight. Seas 5 to 8 feet. Bays and coastal waterways rough. Chance of showers and thunderstorms.SaturdaySouth winds around 20 knots decreasing to 15 to 20 knots overnight. Seas 5 to 7 feet subsiding to 4 to 6 feet overnight. Bays and coastal waterways choppy to rough. Slight chance of showers and thunderstorms.SundaySouth winds 15 to 20 knots decreasing to 10 to 15 knots overnight. Seas 4 to 6 feet subsiding to 2 to 4 feet overnight. Bays and coastal waterways choppy to rough. Slight chance of showers and thunderstorms.

One of the three would be doable, but strong winds, terrible seas, and rain, all together, Think we need to call this. I am calling it off now for this weekend due to the fact that alot of people need to know now wether to get there gear / camping stuff / food / bait / boats, etc. ready now.

We will keep this poll up for the the new date and call it at Sunday 5pm to decide the new date.

Hate it had to be moved. Sound good?

·
Registered
155 Posts
We attended inthe Falland had a blast just camping and meeting new folks. We had plans to do it again this weekend. We'd vote for the 15th-16th.

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,258 Posts
Whatever yall cupcake imitation shark fisherpeople decide is fine with me,I'm only there for the party and to do the boil anyways.
Kane Minnow,we fished all the way to the natural bottom during this years redfish regatta. Where were you at? At the house reading the honey do list?

21 - 31 of 31 Posts