Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you guys make your shark rig. I am thinking of something to keep handy in case I see a mako around. Something I can throw on the 80W in a hurry. chain, wire, braided wire, how long, hook, size, style, etc etc.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I am by means no shark authority but I think my bull shark rig for sight casting would work.

6 ft 200lb mono attached to 6 foot of 200lb cable. all attached to a main line....some others suggest a wire leader twice the length of the quarry you wish to catch...so you may wanna go to 16ft!

·
Registered
394 Posts
i'm no shark pro either, but i have 10' of 300-400# mono shock leader and 10' of 600# cable on an 80w for just that reason. double crimp everything and use the biggest hook you can find. a huge mako will cut lower test cable like butter. i think most of the venice charter capts even use bigger cable than that.......

·
Banned
2,215 Posts
SUNDAY-FUNDAY (3/30/2010)i'm no shark pro either, but i have 10' of 300-400# mono shock leader and 10' of 600# cable on an 80w for just that reason. double crimp everything and use the biggest hook you can find. a huge mako will cut lower test cable like butter. i think most of the venice charter capts even use bigger cable than that.......
x2 I use almost the same size rig for big sharks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts