Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We like to shark fish in Pensacola Bay for small sharks. We also LOVE fried shark fingers

The regs state "Shark 1 per harvester or 2 per vessel per day, whichever is less ". No minimum size limits?

Except for the prohibited species listed as Atlantic Angel Shark, Bigeye Sixgill Shark, Bigeye Thresher Shark, Bignose Shark, Caribbean Reef Shark, Dusky Shark, Galapagos Shark, Longfin Mako Shark, Narrowtooth Shark, Night Shark, Sevengill Shark, Sixgill Shark, Smalltail Shark, Basking Shark, Whale Shark, White Shark, Sand Tiger Shark, Bigeye Sand Tiger Shark

I can keep any shark I catch, 1 per person or two per boat.

Question: Am I likely to catch ANY of the prohibited species in Pensacola Bay?

·
Registered
345 Posts
if you look at a shark post a few months ago, some believe that we are getting the great white in the northern gulf...not sure if he'll move into the bay though....:takephoto

the bay is a great spot to catch some sharks if you can keep your baits from being eat up by the mackeral. also, right out of the pass on the west side there's the shoals/sand bars where i have caught quite a few 3-4 footers and know people catching larger sharks...never tasted their fingers though.

good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts