Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I was quite the rabid shark fisher, I was always lookin' for better and cheaper materials for what I call "the cheapest form of large game fishing"...

Well, when my bait was free from cleaning stations and fuel was minimal as we idled to our anchor spot, the rigging became the $$$ items... I could only reduce the hook costs so much at the wholesale houses.

Doing the electrical end of restaurant re-modeling, I found the best leader material and it was FREE!!! The "Ansul System" uses 49 strand thin azz stainless cable. I had the tech save me all of the old stuff and all the new "drops" and near empty rolls. Even 6-8 inch pieces were desirable for the trailer hook on my smaller rigs.

I was now able to afford to build rigs that used 36-48 inch dolphin carcasses. Fought many 600-900 pound hammerheads, large bulls etc. without ever having a single cable breakage.

So, hook up with the local Ansul company... they may want to sell it to you but it will be far less than buying "leader cable"...
Brent

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OOOPS... I forgot to mention for those who do not know... Ansul is the fire suppression system used above cooking gear in commercial kitchens...

And yes, I try to pass on cost saving ideas as much as I like getting them passed to me so feel free to share ya'lls...
Brent

1 - 3 of 3 Posts