Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next time I catch a decent 3-4ft shark, I'd like to keep it for the grill. But I want to make sure it is legal. I know there are a few species that do not have the 54" size restriction. Do they have a different minimum size or are they unrestricted? Any good way to tell these "unrestricted" sharks apart from the others.

There is one particular species that I catch often. Most people call them blacktips, but I think they are Atlantic Sharpnose. Is there a good ID guide out there that I can read, print, and take with me to be sure.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I know the Atlantic Sharpnose has a tell, they will have white spots on their body.... and a Blacktip will have black on all fins except the anal fin, if there is black on the anal fin then its a Spinner shark.... Hope this helps..

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to know. Last time I caught one (last year) I went home and looked it up...
I dont recall any white spots, but something led me to believe it was not a blacktip... I dont recall what now...

Also, is there a spcific document about sark fishing regs by the FWC (or other). All I know of the regs is tidbits that I find scattered here and there... I sure would like to see them all together somewhere...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts