Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve got a week planned in July at Perdido key and the house has a lift so I certainly plan to bring the boat. My boys and I normally fish the Port St Joe/St. George area and know the numerous shark holes very well. Yes, they love to reel in sharks all day, take a pic and release it. Mom’s not into anything more than 1-2 foot seas so we try to stay near shore unless it’s dead calm. I have a Garman Echomap with some updated reef GPX but most are in much deeper water. Any assist on shark spots would be welcome.

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
Position yourself on the outside of the pass (either Pensacola or Perdido, depends on what license you have) on an outgoing tide, or just inside the pass on an incoming tide. Holes, well, sharks keep moving, so... you can get into anything from 2 Ft to 10 Ft. be prepared for both..... don't oversize your terminal tackle, I use 13/0 non offset circle hooks. they work perfect fr everything you will encounter...

if its rough, you can catch small bulls in the ICW and big lagoon areas too. lots of fun, on lighter tackle and smaller hooks, and completely manageable at the same time.... I support catch and Release, looks like you do too. Good luck, Jim

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Position yourself on the outside of the pass (either Pensacola or Perdido, depends on what license you have) on an outgoing tide, or just inside the pass on an incoming tide. Holes, well, sharks keep moving, so... you can get into anything from 2 Ft to 10 Ft. be prepared for both..... don't oversize your terminal tackle, I use 13/0 non offset circle hooks. they work perfect fr everything you will encounter...

if its rough, you can catch small bulls in the ICW and big lagoon areas too. lots of fun, on lighter tackle and smaller hooks, and completely manageable at the same time.... I support catch and Release, looks like you do too. Good luck, Jim
Do what this guy says..
I think he caught a shark once...........maybe twice.:whistling:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts