Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First off let me say sorry in advance for posting this on surf reports and not surf Q & A. I meant to put in Q&A and now can't figure out how to move it. I am just a bass fisherman from arkansas. However I do a lot of inshore fishing in LA and FL every year out of my own boat. I love trial and error and figuring things out on my own. Kind of adds to the experience. The last 2 trips to Destin I have attempted to shark fish with no success. And honestly at this point I think I could use some help. With only a few days to try and fish it's hard to make a lot of adjustments in location and presentation. I have been fishing out of my boat on the bay side of the destin bridge in mid sept - october. I have been using whole or halfed lady fish for bait. Just wondering if maybe I would be better off surf fishing from the beach for shark or if the area I am in is ok that time of year. The only success I have had is the Blues absolutely mangle my bait in about 5 minutes. Any tips on better bait practice or leader setups etc that may be hindering me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts