Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
@BallisticMarineGroup will be having a shark fishing get together on Navarre beach Saturday 9/2. We have plenty of bait and almost enough beer, bring your gear and come on out and join us!

·
Registered
8,352 Posts
It will be crowded at every walk-over so hopefully you guys will be in a desolate area or wait until the sun goes down to fish.
Good luck and have fun.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We are setting up a good ways west of the pier, and hoping to use our crowd size to our advantage. I'm still thinking it will be a little after dark before we can run baits out...

·
Freshwater Flounder
3,840 Posts
Hey, I'm something of an amateur 'sharker', but I'd love to come out to that ... full moon always gets me itching for a night on the beach .... but does anybody know the grass situation there right now? Have the storms brought it in .... or sent it out?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hey, I'm something of an amateur 'sharker', but I'd love to come out to that ... full moon always gets me itching for a night on the beach .... but does anybody know the grass situation there right now? Have the storms brought it in .... or sent it out?
Past 2 weekends I've been out and there's been ZERO grass!!! Not saying it's completely gone but it's going, going....?

·
Freshwater Flounder
3,840 Posts
It will be crowded at every walk-over so hopefully you guys will be in a desolate area or wait until the sun goes down to fish.
Good luck and have fun.
In my experience ... people get hot & hungry by about 4 or 5 in the afternoon and go back to their condos to eat, cool off, and clean up. That's when you make your move ..... by the time they get back for the sunset you've already copped your piece of beach and can get your first bait run out before dark. :thumbup:

Getting parking at one of the crossovers will be the real issue prob on Labor Day weekend. Have ya'll thought about going over to the Natl Seashore where they've got those big parking lots instead?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We will be at National Seashore Access #1 in Navarre beach. Grass has not been a big problem lately, and the surf forecast looks favorable. The official meet time is 5PM, but I will be early, and some will be late. We look forward to seeing you out there! Check out @BallisticMarineGroup On facebook or instagram for all the fine details!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for coming out Andy! I will get a report together and posted in the next couple days.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts