Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Mr.Salty
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m going to be hanging out with some friends for the next couple weeks in Navarre. They live on the sound and have a dock. Walked it yesterday and there’s lots of trout, redfish, mullet etc... going to be fishing it but was wondering if i should bring a big rod and toss out mullet to try and snag a shark. End of the docks probably about 6-7 foot deep. I could probably cast it into 10-12 foot of water. Would I have a chance of snagging a shark? Have any of y’all done this before?? I’d really appreciate any input!!

·
Registered
9,880 Posts
I’m going to be hanging out with some friends for the next couple weeks in Navarre. They live on the sound and have a dock. Walked it yesterday and there’s lots of trout, redfish, mullet etc... going to be fishing it but was wondering if i should bring a big rod and toss out mullet to try and snag a shark. End of the docks probably about 6-7 foot deep. I could probably cast it into 10-12 foot of water. Would I have a chance of snagging a shark? Have any of y’all done this before?? I’d really appreciate any input!!

Yes you have a very good chance of catching a shark, just as you described. put it out there and let it soak.... something will pick it up... good luck!

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
2,911 Posts
yup, there's plenty of them in the intercoastal. But if you tie a balloon about 3-5' above your bait, you can lightly toss cast it out and let the wind blow it further out in the deeper waters. g/l

1 - 7 of 7 Posts