Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tyler, Jimmy & I (Linda) headed out early this morning to do some bottom fishing which turned into a shark fishing escapade. We did manage to catch some grouper & snapper for KW points but the sharks just really had them shut down for the most part. We got cut off a ton but Jimmy managed to get 4 to the kayak. I battled a few, got towed, but never managed to get one to the yak before getting cut off. I also had one jump and spin just a few feet from my yak, I paddled quickly towards the other yaks while they laughed. It scared the crap out of me...lol Biggest shark to the yak was around 8 ft, there were a few that we never saw but just started towing us south ...fun
It was just a reallybeautiful day on the water!

</p>

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Great rod bendin' day from the looks of it!!!

I love sharkin' and hope, when I have a yak, to make dedicated sharkin' trips. I will gladly share my techniques with those who wish to join me... I absolutely love it...

I have done pretty well with fluorocarbon leader and circle hooks. I have caught multiple Lemons on the same hook tie but after 2-3 I got greedy and finally got cut off. If I re-tie after each fish, I rarely lost one. It requires the circle as it will put the fluro out side the teeth usually.

ONE DAY SOON... I hope to be out there joinin' in the fun!
Brent

·
Registered
2 Posts
I fished around the county peir early this morning and caught a lot of nice size spanish. As i reeled in the last spanish i had about an 8ft shark follow it to the boat and take it. I fought it for about a minute before it came loose and all i had left was a spanish head. A lot of fun.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah I've been catching some enormous spanish over there as well, haven't seen any sharks over there yet, but I'm sure they are there!

·
Squid technician
10,506 Posts
Great pics and report Linda. I've been in a funk lately and have only been in the yak ONCE in the past month but this week I'm getting back on track.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Great report and pic's!! that really looks like fun....thanks for sharing

·
Super Moderator
29,543 Posts
Your yak posts are GREAT girl!!! Keep up the wonderful work!:bowdown:toast:bowdown

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Very nice. The action shot of the angler (can't tell who behind the wall of water) in the sand colored Hobie with the shark thrashing around and throwing water all over the place is my favorite.

Alex

1 - 10 of 10 Posts