Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my email, copy and paste or <span style="text-decoration: underline;">draft your own, a list of legislator email addresses is at the bottom!

Go get'em PFF!

My email,

Legislators,

Florida needs to action now to fund and stop the oil spill! BP makes great sound bitesclaiming to pay ALLthe expenses for containment and clean up, but today a previously approved project/concept called BOOM The BRIDGES was whacked and funding was withdrawn for Santa Rosa and EscambiaCounties Fl.

This project is critical to protect our upland wetlands and our way of life!

Please help us protect ourselves from the devastating environmentaland economic disaster that confronts us from the BP OIL SPILL!

Let's cut the sound bites, we need money and action!

[email protected]: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]:

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
Good job Jeff. Sorry that all that hard work got nixed by red tape, and the fact the feds are still letting BP call the shots and decide what gets done, and for what amount of money.

They proved in the first week they were incapable ofhandlingit, and feds should take control out of there hands and say anygovernmentmunicipality may do as needed, andacquirethe contractors to do it at the rates they determine, and BP will be forced to promptly pay theexpense.

BP cannot possibly react in a proficient manner to every area that may be affected.

I hope things get back on track for you. Call metomorrowregarding todays phone call

·
Registered
53 Posts
I added the following comments to my email, and I intend to forward and included every Veterans Organization in both counties...

Chris Morton, Disaster Prepardness Chairman, American Legion Post 382, Navarre

"As an added measure I intend to involve my American Legion Post in this effort as well as every other American Legion Post in our district...our countycommissioners here in Santa Rosa County are working hard to preserve our way of life and culture in this time of impending disaster. I was personally shocked this morning to read the North West Florida Daily News headlines "State Rejects Santa Rosa's Plan to Contain Oil Spill". One thing you can count on however is that Veterans Organizations register to vote and yes we vote.

Respectfully,

Chris Morton
U.S. Navy Retired
<span id=misspell-cursor class=unmark>Disaster Preparedness Chairman, American Legion Post 0382, Navarre, Florida"

·
Registered
37 Posts
Who was doing the technical planning to boom the bridges? Do they realize that booms do not work if the current perpendicular to the boom is >1 knot? This paper has some good guidelines for how to combat spills in fast currents, like at our passes and some bridges. <a href="http://www.epa.gov/OEM/docs/oil/fss/fss02/hansenpaper.pdf">http://www.epa.gov/OEM/docs/oil/fss/fss02/hansenpaper.pdf</a> They really need to look at this, or booming won't stop the oil. This is another good site I found. http://www.fws.gov/contaminants/FWS_OSCP_05/fwscontingencyappendices/N-Manuals-Response-Assessment/Spills_FastCurrent.pdf

1 - 5 of 5 Posts