Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do mayflies come out in november? j/k thanks for the replies, i havent bass fished in forever...i am going to use a purple worm it is the go-to lure every time.

·
Registered
506 Posts
You wont see any mayflies this time of year on Lake Semilnole. This time of year, I would throw diving crank baits, various soft plastics and maybe work in a spinner bait but your best bet will be crank baits or any billed baits. Find the back waters up there in the GA side. I would probley try to stayoff the River as much as possible.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
don't know when the mayflies are out, but when they are you need a mask. i was picking flies out of my teeth and nose for weeks after a boat run on the lake.

I think the flies are in the summer time.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i guess the spec lures i have would work for bass? does anyone know if there is a bait shop around there, i would like to use a shiner under a cork.

·
Registered
506 Posts
You might want to try to go by Fairchilds(sp) on the west bank of the Chattahochee River away's up river from the Jim Woodruff Dam. There might be bait there and you can pull right up to it on your boat. If not, there is a place called Paramores just on the Florida side that has a marina and bait, food ect.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I was just up at Paramores last weekend and they have closed that restaurant/bait shop. There is a small tackle store right down the street from three rivers state park. I have fished the lake many times and caught some nice bass/crappie. The camping is awesome. The trees around the lake are huge and very scenic.

Catch em Up

1 - 9 of 9 Posts