Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A recent offshore experience has taught me a valuable lesson, and I am going to be doing some gear upgrades. To do so, I am selling off my current gear. All items areused quality, serviceablerigs or individual pieces. I feel I have priced them to move, but if your interested in a particular piece and feel I am out of range, let me know via PM. You can call me at 450-6767 or shoot me a pm on anything listed. I will be posting some more items soon.

Thanks.

I am going to double post this in the dive gear section as well, so I apologize in advance.

Stainless Steel Dive Rite backplate and harness with crotch strap,tank holder,and tankstraps. Ad a bladder and your ready to go. $150.00

·
Registered
332 Posts
What kind of offshore experience have you had to cause you to sell some things??? From looking at some of the tackle the only story I can think of is a big blue came up and strip your tld 25 and it made you so SICK that you had to get bigger gear? That almost happened to me. We were 40 miles out when i first got my boat with tld 25's and senators like you have and was bringing in a chicken dolphin when a Blue chased it up all the way to the boat. Damn that was a sight!!!!

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bryan_DESTIN_TRITON (2/15/2010)What kind of offshore experience have you had to cause you to sell some things??? From looking at some of the tackle the only story I can think of is a big blue came up and strip your tld 25 and it made you so SICK that you had to get bigger gear? That almost happened to me. We were 40 miles out when i first got my boat with tld 25's and senators like you have and was bringing in a chicken dolphin when a Blue chased it up all the way to the boat. Damn that was a sight!!!!
Lets just say it was eye opening. Didn't get spooled or anything of the sort... Just looking for some high speed stuff with a little more backbone.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Really, nothing. TThe Torium is fine... Just not quite beefy enough for the kind of fishing I plan to do. The 6/0 is a great combo to have anytime your bottom fishing.., but the fact is, now that I am mostly fishing with friends, I would rather bring 2 - 3 nice rigs since I can't bring 6 different ones.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Corpsman (2/20/2010)Really, nothing. TThe Torium is fine... Just not quite beefy enough for the kind of fishing I plan to do. The 6/0 is a great combo to have anytime your bottom fishing.., but the fact is, now that I am mostly fishing with friends, I would rather bring 2 - 3 nice rigs since I can't bring 6 different ones.
I came to the same fork in the road last year. Sold my gear and upgraded to eliminate extra rods and reels. I now use Okuma salina 80 on a jigging rod, shimano tyrnos 20 for bottom bumping, Okuma titus 30 gold 2-speed for trolling, heavy bottom with100# braid. Not trying to derail your thread I'm just saying I see your point. Good luck

·
Registered
83 Posts
I picked up a few things from this guy and looked at the rest all in good shape and easy guy to deal with, good luck and I will be in touch about a few other items

1 - 9 of 9 Posts