Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today as I was working onmy favorite weed patch, luckily my wife had just stepped out to get a drink & here come old black snake. It was beautiful . Somehow my son & my dog walked right by it.:doh What was really amazing was as it got up to the side of the house & slithered down the side of it. It went right inside the crack between the bricks. It had to to turn sideways to get thru the say 1/2 " crack.I guess you call them Vent slits at the bottom of the house say every 3' or so. My son said, Did it get into the house? I said , "Yeah," right into your room. Then I said, no. It cant get inside thru there but they can come up thru the toilet!:shedevil He knew I was kidding but didnt like it. I would have bet against it turning sideways& getting in there. Must have been its home hole.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Yeah, and then you sent him to my house. YEP, mitch and I were looking at re-placing a sprinkler head and along he came. Long black slitherer -- i am so scared of snakes...probably cause someone told me they would come up the toilet:banghead.

·
Super Moderator
27,946 Posts
I'm glad you let it slither away.....:letsdrink

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Just theother day, my father-in-law was parked and got out to get the chain saw and cut some wood at the farm, he laid his saw down and went to the back of his truck, as soon as he got back to reach down for the chain saw, less than 2' from him was a 52" Rattlesnake! Needless to say, -1 Rattlesnake! He needed it to be out of the way due to its hole being right by the tree he was cutting. Now everything is looking like a snake to me, lol! I got my eyes peeled!

I have more of an issue with a Moccasin out of all snakes in our area!

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
If you have a crawl space under your house and want to deter them from living there you can throw some moth balls under it. They are toxic to pets though. Another thing is sulpher powder. Snakes are sensative to smell and usually wont hang around those. Sometimes ammonia works to because theyexpell it in their urine and dont like it.

Skip

·
Registered
201 Posts
Well, lucky for that snake he was at your place and not mine. I won't kill a non-poisonous snake in the woods, but when he comes in my yard he is a dead ass. Yall can give me all the crap in the world about them killing rats and what not, but so do the cats I keep around here and I'm not scared of them. And, if all else fails, they sell traps and poison at every feed store that I have ever walked in and neither of those have ever made me piss myself either. Sorry, I just can't stand a nasty ass snake! And, while we are on the subject, I don't see how yall fish with eels either. I would loose Fear Factor over having to put an eel on a hook.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Im with pigsdaddy: If he is in my yard he is dead. I had a very large black snake under my place and was amazed at the little vent hole, between the bricks that he got through. I will catch him before it is all over, or hopefully before he gives me a heart attack!

·
Registered
962 Posts
Its sounds like a black racer... they are very fast. DO NOT KILL IT! unless you like rats and other small pest! GOOD ADDITION TO YOUR HOME!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts