Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Brantley Alabama I have a 120 Acre lease. After hunting till 12 noon decided to go across street to talk with land owner and look behind her house about 300 yards at edge of hay field and hardwoods I see a deer, so I grab gun and scope it to see a large tall racked buck about to walk into woods. I propped gun against the corner of the house and get cross hairs on deer and squeeze trigger and "CLICK" I had not chambered a round and he was gone outta sight. Probably same buck the landowners daughter called me last year and wanting to know if I was nearby because she was looking at a huge buck in the same part of field but I wasn't on property at that time.

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
North of Troy Alabama, the day before yesterday 2 members were riding their RTV to the barn where we park and walk to our stands from when a 130 " buck crossed the road just ahead of them. It was 2:15 p.m.
Yesterday morning at first light an older member was in a shooting house and saw a 135+" buck coming across a harvested corn filed. Unfortunately, when he picked up his rifle it bumped against the wall, and that buck instantly vanished.

We've got a gazillion scrapes, and many fresh rubs. If we could just get some cold weather I believe they would be a LOT more active. :help:

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
There moving all day right now,I saw a big one walking in the water yesterday afternoon at 3:05.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts