Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Get rid of that low back seat and get one from academy they have severaL 2 choose from, and you might want to look at their other kayaks as well. I had a castaway it should have been called a throw away! The speck is a much better ride for me , just my 2 cents,

·
Registered
339 Posts
What didn't you like about your castaway? I Love mine, I have totally tricked it out and have had no problems with it. What should I be looking for I have only had it since the end of July and haven't got to use it much so I would love to know what to look out for.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
If.. you find yourself, after quite a few hours sitting in the yak, with a sore butt from the hard seat... Academy sell these awesome padded seats near the shoes dept. I think they are called something like... stadium foam seats. I bought two.. and they have a 'cut out' handle to carry them, well.. I cut all that edge off and it fits perfect and sure helps!! All I know is the last time I went yakfishing.. I forgot them.. and it sucked!!.. was very uncomfortable after a while. The seats just don't seem to have much padding. I even thought I didn't need it.. cuz I carry enough of my own paddling...
hehehehe but it's still really nice to have that "extra".

·
Registered
149 Posts
West Marine is where I got my high back seat. They carry 2 models now, a regular (like the one included with the Kingfish) and a delux model with rod holders, storage, etc. A little more pading in them would be nice though. I think the mfg.'s are just worried about raising the center of gravity too high & making their kayaks unstable. By the way - for you kayak riggers/outfitters out there. Check out the Scotty web site. www.scotty.com They just added a LOT of new access that fit into their rod holders. Ordered like 7 new items through my local W.M. - including the outrigger stabalizers and anchor pulpit!!! I'll PIC it up after I install all the stuff next week.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I dont have a seat problem anymore. Just got a big seat with a high back at Bass Pro. Thanks for all the help!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts