Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
VIP of the PFF
8,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Got all my vegetables and stuff going. They have a 1 hour boil to go. I add a little diced bell pepper to my gumbo, even though the recipe does not call for it. I also add just a little bit of liquid crab boil to mine...a teaspoon or so. I also leave out the file' powder.
20160809_171142.jpg

·
VIP of the PFF
8,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well boys I gotta tell you. ..that was mighty fine ! I wish ya'll were here. I cooked a great big ol bowl of it ,and had plenty to share. Maybe one day we'll have a pff get together and I'll make us another big ol bowl of it. :thumbup: Thanks for the compliments.

·
VIP of the PFF
8,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It'll be even better tomorrow. Takes a day too get really good.
Nice job.
Yes sir ! Gumbo that's good on day one is awesome on day two. Kinda like the fish dip ,it needs a little time for the flavors to mix and mingle then marry up.

·
Registered
42 Posts
About the only thing that I liked about Ft Polk, LA was the great gumbo that was available in the local area. Thanks for sharing, I'll give it a try!

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Well boys I gotta tell you. ..that was mighty fine ! I wish ya'll were here. I cooked a great big ol bowl of it ,and had plenty to share. Maybe one day we'll have a pff get together and I'll make us another big ol bowl of it. :thumbup: Thanks for the compliments.
Well heck, I wish I was also! LOL

Reactions: THE POMPANO KING

·
Registered
812 Posts
Had ta do it.... added some salt pork, andouille, peppers and twice the okras. Browned all of the sausages first, and then toss the shrimp and crab in and turn it off. Plenty of heat to cook the shrimp, and they dont turn to mush Good recipe, just needs some more seasonings!

·
VIP of the PFF
8,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Yeah the original recipe that I was given "the one at the beginning of the thread" several years ago is pretty good but I tweaked it some. Instead of #1. 3 tsp of salt I use at least 4 tsp. #2. I add at least a teaspoon or so of liquid crab boil. #3 . no file' powder. #4. I add diced bell peppers to mine when I add the onions and celery. #5. I use conecuh link sausage , but not the hot that the recipe calls for. #6. I use 2 cans of the 8 oz.tomato sauce, instead of one. I need to take the time to print up the new and improved version of the recipe and post it for everyone.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts