Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is anyone local ( Pensacola area) that does custom installation of Seadeck flooring in boats ?

·
Super Moderator
13,141 Posts
Does anyone know if there is anyone local ( Pensacola area) that does custom installation of Seadeck flooring in boats ?
It is well worth the drive to Louisiana to have Southern cooler and marine do your boat the right way the 1st time.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
786 Posts
I had Seadek installed on my swim platform and gunnels bout 6 months ago. The gunnels take the most abuse but I've not been to crazy about how hard they have been to clean. I normally spray Starbrite non-skid deck cleaner and hit it with a stiff brush. They still look dingy and some stains have yet to come out. The alternative is my gunnels get the shit beat out of them with dive tanks so I don't really lose any sleep over it. However, if it were across my deck, I'd probably be more pissed about it. Anyone use a cleaning product with better results?

·
Super Moderator
13,141 Posts
I had Seadek installed on my swim platform and gunnels bout 6 months ago. The gunnels take the most abuse but I've not been to crazy about how hard they have been to clean. I normally spray Starbrite non-skid deck cleaner and hit it with a stiff brush. They still look dingy and some stains have yet to come out. The alternative is my gunnels get the shit beat out of them with dive tanks so I don't really lose any sleep over it. However, if it were across my deck, I'd probably be more pissed about it. Anyone use a cleaning product with better results?
Dawn soap and a scrub brush, but if it's anything other than blood it's going to stain regardless, particularly if it's a light color foam.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Dawn soap and a scrub brush, but if it's anything other than blood it's going to stain regardless, particularly if it's a light color foam.

It's a sand color. I'll give that a shot. Even if I have to get it replaced every couple years, it's cheaper than fiberglass repair. When I replace it, it'll be a darker color.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts