Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
I have both. Towboat US is included in my insurance. I also pay about $150 a year for SeaTow for a plan that includes any boat I am on. Towboat US has some limits that SeaTow doesnt.

My vote is SeaTow.

Tom

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have alsways had Tow boat and never had a single bit of trouble. Thecontract that I have with them they will come get me on any boat. It also allows two captains so I have a card and my dad also has one.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I have always liked Tow Boat US better. I used to have both but the two times I needed them Tow Boat US was the only one I could reach on the radio. Sea Tow may be better now than what they were a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I have seatow, its like $150 a year, real good idea to have it. our last trip out my starboard motor overheated so I shut it down. Anyway I called seatow told our position, the condition we were in our heading speed and what not. They didn't come get us cause we were limping it in at about the speed they usually tow at, but they called our families and told them the situation and said we'd be late, then they check in with you on the radio every hour, in our case it was likeevery hour for six hours. But its an awesome deal if you are in some kind of bind.

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,259 Posts
Speaking from experience,I have Boat US and can't complain one bit. Been towed in twice on my POS and had a fuel drop on another POS,all this summer:banghead No comments or complaints heard from sea tow but Boat US does cover the member and not just the vessel.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I have tow boat US, I was told I could be towed from 100 miles if need be. I was assured tha they would not charge me anything for any tow! I run 75-100 miles pretty often and am sure I could be towed with my membership at no charge through tow boatUS. The restrictions are set by the local guy who will be dispaching the tow and I was told a tow from the rigs would be no prob.!!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Have both. but use seatow whenever possible used them 3 times this year. they were great theie captains were nice and polite. I had trouble contacting them once on the VHF but used my cell and got them right away.

·
Registered
165 Posts
We have had SeaTow for years now. Have had to use them twice and found the servcie to be prompt and professional. Fortunately both times the problems turned out to be relatively minor, but not fixable on the water. It's a great to know that help is on the way when you are several miles out in the Gulf and the wind is building!

·
Registered
46 Posts
tow boat us coversYOU on any boat, you get discounts and points at west marine, i am not 100% but i believe sea tow covers yourBOAT with you on it. tow boat us has treated me very well in the past. never leave home with out it.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have BoatUS but I have never had to use it. The boat came with 3-months of SeaTow, never used it neither.

I chose BoatUS because Mac Marina is the rep for the area and thats where I keep my boat. I also like the West Marine discounts and web site they offer.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Danno (12/7/2007)I have BoatUS but I have never had to use it. The boat came with 3-months of SeaTow, never used it neither.

I chose BoatUS because Mac Marina is the rep for the area and thats where I keep my boat. I also like the West Marine discounts and web site they offer.

Same here, Miles and Jason will treat you right.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had Tow Boat but could never reach them on the radio!!!!!!!! Sea Tow has come to my rescue twice this year alone. Nice people and they get there fast!!

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
The Destin Sea Tow guy is nice and friendly. We had to call him once last winter for a jump a few miles outand he hasrememberedus ever since. That always makes me feel good (if that makes sense).From our experience and from what we hear,it takes him a few minutes to get his boat out andready (I can't remember if he trailers orhas it stored)but it took him an hour + to get to us just 8 miles out of D-pass. That was last Nov/Dec so he is probably quicker during the spring and summer when there are more people out. He tells us that heis wiredeverywhere, even his bathroom so he can hear when someone calls him. lol.Anyway,he does a great job and we plan on staying with Sea Tow for years to come. :)

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks everyone for the feedback. Looks like both provide good service. Y'all have a good weekend and enjoy getting ready for Christmas.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Had Sea Tow for the last 5 years and have used the service 4 times in that period. Prompt, professional, and there when I needed them.:clap

1 - 20 of 25 Posts