Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 17' Polar Saltwater Series CC and the scuppers (From the factory) are below the water line. I am the thrid owner and when I bought the boat someone had filled the holes up with silicone, I mean COMPLETELY filled them up. So I dug out the silicone plugs and bought new ball scuppers and they are letting in way to much water for my liking. I mean sure I can give her gas, get on plane and remove it all but then I am back to water in the boat when anchored. It would do no good to move scuppers up above the water line as this would then be above the deck. I am considering just plugging them back up, I mean I only do inshore and allot of inshore boats don't have scuppers, oppinions ??????????

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
thats pretty much an issue on most small boats.. are your deck drains open holes. you can get the ring pull type plugs. i think i have some that will fit. and just plug the hole while you are at anchor.. pull them before you go.. is the if it is the grated drains there is a new deck drain with the ball just under the grate, thus allowing almost no water... call me i can talk to you about this..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Make sure you have the rubber flange installedso that the ping pong ball floats up into it and seals.I've seen two guys whoinstalled them upside down.

If they are installed correctly get some denatured alcohol and clean the flanges to get rid of any mildew. Then get some petroleum jelly and coat the flange with it.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I had the same problem with my boat. I did not want to seal them because they are handy when I wash the boat. So I bought some large rubber chair floorprotectors and ran a cord thru them (to pull them out)and they fit perfectly in the holes on the boat and my kayak scupper holes also. I spent about $1.50 for four of them.

·
Registered
131 Posts
just wondering but why wouldnt you just let it drain into the bilge and let the pump take care of it ... same problem on my boat i dont think quite as severe tho.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts