Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a fish finder/GPS but not sure of the pro's/con's of the different types of transducer mounts. Would appreciate any guidance.

Also any recommendations on a decent model (can't afford top of the line) unit?

Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Are you putting this on the P13? I use thru hull when using lower end finders. I am currently rigging my new T160 and have decided to go through the scupper. I made that decision because I can have the transducer flush inside the channel. I'll probably post pics when I am done.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
I would use the built in transducer scupper. IF you go with humminbird and get it know you can ask humminbird to send you the scupper compatible one . or you can do something like in these pics. I bought my FF used so i did something similar to this.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,780 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Took your advice and mounting tips, ordered the Lowrance Elite 4. Did a lot more reading as well and seems there's no loss of signal mounting a transom mount transducer as a thru hull using Goop and no air bubbles. Thanks for the help oxbeast!

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have a lowrance mark 4 ff/gps combo on my tarpon... I mounted through the hull with duct seal. Worrks great!
THIS!!
Duct seal is easy to remove/relocate and is far more easy to remove air bubbles from, well it doesn't really have any to begin with. Just make a 2"-3" pancake about 1/2" think where you want the transducer to be and just shove it down into it. You can pick it up at Lowes or Home Depot for under $3 in the electrical section.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_13591-1781-DS-110_0__?Ntt=duct+seal&UserSearch=duct+seal&productId=4595233&rpp=32

1 - 11 of 11 Posts