Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about replacing my very old dacor BC with a scubapro litehawk wing style BC. Looking to find out the pros and cons from folks who have experience with either this BC or another wing style.
Seems like you give up the ability to float on the surface like a bouy but is that really a bad thing :)....other downsides or upsides?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I have a litehawk and have 50-100 dives in it. I like it on average. Took a bit of adjustment for me to get it comfortable but now I am used to it. All I wanted was a way to strap a tank to me, 4+ D rings to clip stuff to, and a small wing for lift. It fits the bill fairly well.

Upsides are it is fairly cheap by SCUBA standards. No real downside as long as it fits you well. Mine hasn't leaked or anything like that. Before using it even once I swapped out the bottom tank strap for a scuba pro sure cinch or whatever they call the good strap with a metal cam because I hate the plastic cam straps.

I dive HP steel 100s. With those tanks, I don't wear a weight belt or put any weight in the pockets if I am in a full 3/2. I will throw a couple of pounds in the pockets when I am in my 5mm.

I can't comment on spending time on the surface because I don't do it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts