Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Scout 28 Abaco For Sale

17K views 37 replies 12 participants last post by  H2OMARK 
#1 ·
Going to try to sell my Scout 28' Abaco. The boat is a 2005 with twin 225 Yamaha 4 strokes with 350 hours. Brand new Garmin 4010 and two Raymarine VHF radios. Taco outriggers, twin fish boxes, lots of storage. Very clean inside and out. Comes with a tri- axle trailer, boat cover, and enclosure. Really don't want to sell the boat. I found out I will be stationed at NAS Corpus Christi and I won't have time for the boat. I don't want it to sit and not be used. Great fishing and cruising boat. Nada value is 57k, I am looking to get $54000. Hoping to sell it before I move away from Pensacola. Pm me if your interested.

#14 ·
How many live wells and how many gallons? The boat at Sherman Cove? If it is I saw it during the early fall really nice boat.
It has one main live well that is I believe 35 gal. The cooler can also be used as a live well and I believe its close to the same size. I always used it as a cooler because I never needed the extra live well.

It is at Sherman Cove probably the four or five boat from the end of the dry storage area. I love the boat but it's going to be hard moving it all over the southeast during flight school.

#16 ·
Any pictures of the cuddy cabin, is there porta-potty, sleeps how many?? Refer, stove?? Thank you Tom !! PR-1 USN RET, DAV:thumbsup::thumbsup:
I will have to go by tomorrow and take pictures of the cabin. It has an AC/DC frig that works great. Not huge but nice for lunches and drinks on fishing trips. The stove is an alcohol single burner. Honestly never used it but it works. Also has a SS sink and a microwave that can be used when hooked up to shore power. It's sleeps three. The front bunk has plenty of room. The mid bunk is smaller but would be fine for two children or an adult. It has three storage compartments under the main bunk and another compartment under the mid bunk. The head is a vacuum system with a 6-8 gal holding tank. It also has an overboard pump for the tank. Main drawback from the cabin is no AC unit.

Honestly I only used the boat for fishing. Most fishing trips I would take the cushions out and use the cabin for storage. Only features I really used were the head and storage besides that everything else was just a bonus. I can see where the cabin is set up for overnight/camping but I bought the boat for fishing.

When did you retire?

#18 ·
In 94 at NAS Oceana!!! Was at P-Cola from 71-75 at VT-4, and then at NASC at Water Survival fron 83-87!!!! Have relatives that live in P-Cola so I go there quite often to go fishing on charters or pick up's if possible. Thank you Tom
I am hoping to select Oceana for my first squadron assignment once I get winged. It will depend more on what platform I end up selecting but that's where I want to go. I love Pensacola and hoping to get Whiting over Corpus for primary but not so sure right now.

I haven't forgotten about the pictures of the cabin. I was planning on going yesterday or today but New Years Eve got the best of me :whistling:, so it will be tomorrow.

#23 ·
Nice pictures wish I could hit the lottery it would mine!!! Looked at it a few month's back!!! Are you going to be a Pilot or NFO!!!! Good luck in either of them!! Thanks again for the pics. Tom:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I am contracted to be a pilot. I am really excited to start and get to the fleet in a few years. Thanks for looking at the boat. If you are ever in town and want to go offshore fishing let me know. That is as long as I haven't found someone to buy the boat. :thumbsup:

#34 ·
Thanks. I just am ready to start. Been waiting in A-pool for close to 5 months now. Seems like the SNFO have been pushed through a lot faster. Once I get started, getting my wings will be my number one priority but hopefully can still get some fishing in on the weekends.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.