Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Honda. Laurel ms has the best pricing. Halls in Crestview is higher than anyone on the Polaris. If you get Polaris go to ms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Good, I’m glad it was you reviving this post and not a spammer, where did you end up buying from?

·
Super Moderator
29,094 Posts
I ended up with a Honda Pioneer 1000 5 seater....love it! We hunted around and found a better deal in Honda of Mobile.

Reactions: jaster

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
How does sales tax work on a SBS bought out of state. I assume you'd pay the sales tax where ever you bought it since you don't have to register it in Fl.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Best you can do is find a great used one, no tax , just try to find one with a transferable warranty

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
My dad has a Polaris, my cousin a Can Am and me a Honda.

Biggest draw back on the Can Am is the heat it produces inside the cab because you sit straddled the engine. If you want speed and comforts like GPS and speed, this may be for you.
Polaris one of the most popular models has the most accessories and options for the 4 seater you are looking for. Biggest personal drawback for me is the belt drive. Delayed take offs until you get used to it and if you put them in a bind a lot, the clutches and belts have been know to go out. My dad's 500 is way too fast for my purposes and his at 75 but it does have better leg room than the Hondas.
Hondas have the true automatic transmission and shaft drive... no hesitation; drives like an automatic car. Little less leg room than the polaris and all come with a governor that limits speed to around 45MPH.
If you are looking for something you can use to do work on the farm and hunt out of, I'd recommend either the Honda or Polaris. My personal preference is Honda, a lot quieter.

Like others have said, shop around. Hattiesberg, MS and Alabaster, AL have the best deal out the door. Good luck!
My dad bought his pioneer out of Hattiesburg or laurel,ms last fall and it was 1k plus cheaper then anywhere in the panhandle.though they delayed delivery date a few months due to covid Allegedly

·
Super Moderator
29,094 Posts
My dad bought his pioneer out of Hattiesburg or laurel,ms last fall and it was 1k plus cheaper then anywhere in the panhandle.though they delayed delivery date a few months due to covid Allegedly
Thats about right, we looked all over for the specific color and was told we have none EVERYWHERE.... Most all places only had a couple smaller ones in but all the 1000 models were gone. Mobile told us they had the UTV but it was in their store in TX so they shipped it and we picked it up in a week....They didn't blame it on COVID but probably because COVID, folks were buying them up

21 - 31 of 31 Posts