Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been trying to venture further and further out there this year. We've been pulling a couple high speeds to and from. but would like to be able to be a little more efficient, and troll a 4-5 line spread. Running a 23ft WA. I have a hard top so i can mount the bases there. what do i look for when buying?

·
Registered
425 Posts
It’s really a game of how much you want to spend. Do you want to deploy from standing on your deck or on your gunnels. My two cents.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd rather deploy from the deck, but honestly these will be used 5-8 times a year, so it really doesn't matter. plus im at the wheel the crew will be in charge of deployment.

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
I would get top mounted riggers personally. They won’t get in the way nearly as much, you’ll have a wider range of angles and you’ll have more options as to where you can anchor your halyards/shock cords which allows you to deploy baits more comfortably.

Look for a pair of 15-18’ telescopic riggers from Taco, Rupp, etc. each brand has its quirks but all will be suitable. I’d rig them with 400lb mono and use simple styles of clips like Black’s release clips or Rupp Zip Clips. It’ll help if you have someone experienced rig them or explain how.

Hope it helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts