Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a SCAR 17 for about a month now. The gun is GREAT - no complaints yet. I am having great difficulty finding REASONABLY priced (under $50) magazines. Does anyone have an idea where some reasonably prices mags can be found?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I was able to find some mags - a place called Botach Tactical. They only have the TAN Mags - no black. A EXCELLENT price ($36) if you buy 6. Not bad considering they are difficult to find and if you do find some mags they usually start somewhere around $80 each. FN made on big mistake by NOT making the rifle accept any of the available mags out there - such as the PMags ect. However, other then that the rifle is EXCELLENT. Very accurate and very easy to control (for a .308)!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No. AR-10 mags will not work..Unfortunately...for who knows what reason...FN made the SCAR-17 mag well uniquely fit FN-SCAR17 Mags only. There are tons of .308 mags FN could have used...but they choose not to...the weapon has been out since 2007 and still mags are in the unobtanium realm....According to FN they are selling all the mags to LE and the Armed Services....I have seen several posts on other forums which state that LE's are even having a difficult time getting mags....I am all for giving as many mag to the military - all that they need.....however, 5 years!!!! If FN is not holding back on the mags (which many believe they are)....how many mags does the gov't need in 5 years? Either FN is holding back mags or the company they have contracted out to (build the mags) is inept....the mags should be made by MagPul, Thermold or a company who can supply the military, LE's and civilians....any way you look at it - FN is receiving a black eye...and negative comments because of the mags.....When I purchased the gun I presumed that the mag problem had been resolved...I can tell you after spending lots and lots of hours searching for mags....the problem STILL EXISTS! ARGH!

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Okay...this is just my opinion. You spend $2000+ on a rifle and then wanting to scrimp on the magazine which is the heart and soul of a semi-auto rifle or handgun doesn't make good sense to me. Just make sure it is a quality magazine...whatever the cost is. That being said...the SCARs are some bad a$$ rifles and I'm sure you love it. Post a pic for us! :)

·
Registered
870 Posts
I just looked on gunbroker because I had never heard of the gun and there are a bunch of Mags on there. When you buy a premium product, the pieces are going to be more expensive. If you take a honda and a mercedes into the shop to get a repair, the mercedes is always going to be more expensive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts