Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We headed out last week in hopes of some grouper and maybe some trolling out towards the nipple. Water was beautiful and blue 35 miles out of orange beach with lots of scattered weeds but little bait to show in the area. We hit several new spots we had marked and picked away at a few scamp and mixed bag of other bottom fish.

Had one on a jig when it got eaten by a shark. Once we got the shark to the boat and decided I'd retrieved my jig out of his pearly whites!!

It was a beautiful day on the water and with the color and temp (79.4F where we were) it should be a great bite very soon. Of course with some of the reports from friday and the weekend with the recesss wahoo and other dauphin sonds like we just missed it a day or so early.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,550 Posts
Thats me too, I retrieve my jigs also. Those sharks don't realize who they are messin with.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Issac and Crew way to hang in there. I too hate any shark or barracuda that's tries to steal a fish or jig from me. Nice day to be offshore and some good eats to go with it. I think the blue water bite will only get better after this week end catches. Be carefull on your release I would hate to start calling you stumpie:rolleyes:. Gene

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dont worry gene I dont think theres that much of a market in shark dentistry in my future

1 - 4 of 4 Posts