Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend is begging to go scalloping at St Josephs, I've never been and I understand this may be a slow year for it. Anyone have any fresh Intell or suggestions? would be much appreciated, thank you.

·
Kiss My
157 Posts
If nothing else it is worth the experience. We went a week ago and had a blast just getting away and seeing the area. Don't forget trim up and some swim shoes.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
I went a couple of weeks ago and did well. I was with a group of five. We had to do some searching but once we found them we found them. I limited out in about 90 minutes once we found them. However, and the reason why I mentioned I was in a group of five, the other four put together did not find as many as I did. Its not JUST location. You have to have the eyes for them and be willing to feel for them.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I went in the middle of the July. First time. Read a paragraph worth of info about it. Got there and walked straight from the beach. Barefoot -- like I said, didn't really prepare.

In 2 hours, saw about 20 horseshoe crabs, 10 live starfish, 1 giant conch (didnt know if I could harvest it so left it), about 5 stingray, and found 14 tiny scallops. Ate them raw on the beach. They were good.

Overall, a lot of fun, but didn't get much meat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts