Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Went prospecting yesterday. 6 different areas i went to were plentiful and good size.

ps The forum’s “search” function sux. Took a damn good bit of effort to find your post as i had remembered seeing it last week.

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
A little off subject but have always wanted to do do some scallops down there and thinking about doing it next year. What areas do yall recommend staying? On the water with a dock would be Excellent or at least very close to a good boat ramp.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Anyone make it to St. Joe Bay this week? I intended on making a trip Monday but Fred happened. Curious how the water quality is and how long it might take to get into shape if it is poor.

·
Registered
14,363 Posts
or at least very close to a good boat ramp.
I like to stay at Port Cottages:

The ones that face highway 98, they are directly across the street from the boat ramp.
I park my vehicle and boat in the grass area on the south side of 98.
I rent a Club Car to drive around town.
When I pull out to launch, I save my parking spot with the Club Car.
Then when I launch, drive the club car and park it right next to the boat ramp.
When we return, drive the club car to the my vehicle and trailer, again save my spot with the club car.
The off load the boat, and carry them to the cottage on the club car.
Then drive the club car all over town, and never unhook my boat from the my vehicle.
I can see my boat from my front porch.
And we are in the middle of downtown PSJ.

There are other ways, many water front home on the Cape with docks.
I know many people that do that also.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
I like to stay at Port Cottages:

The ones that face highway 98, they are directly across the street from the boat ramp.
I park my vehicle and boat in the grass area on the south side of 98.
I rent a Club Car to drive around town.
When I pull out to launch, I save my parking spot with the Club Car.
Then when I launch, drive the club car and park it right next to the boat ramp.
When we return, drive the club car to the my vehicle and trailer, again save my spot with the club car.
The off load the boat, and carry them to the cottage on the club car.
Then drive the club car all over town, and never unhook my boat from the my vehicle.
I can see my boat from my front porch.
And we are in the middle of downtown PSJ.

There are other ways, many water front home on the Cape with docks.
I know many people that do that also.
now that is what i call a detailed report. lol.
jack

·
Registered
767 Posts
Call St Joe Shrimp Co in Port St joe (this is the little convenience store next to presnells) Tell them you are coming by to stock up on beer and ice from them and also wanted a scallop report. Good folks and they will be happy to give you the scoop. The next few weeks is their money maker

·
Registered
79 Posts
Unless I am missing something, it looks like the limit in St. Joe Bay is still 2 gallons whole or 1 pint of meat. Hopefully I am not ruining a joke or effort to limit scallop harvest.

·
Registered
11,298 Posts
Ill report tomorrow evening! I see the same limit as well???

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,298 Posts
Looks like only Suwannee river atea is limited. Did see a note about fwc marked bouys S of Blacks Island as scallop restoration, no anchor or scallop harvest??? My go to is S of Blacks, lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
I went yesterday. I wade from a fairly popular kayak launch area so my report is for a fairly small area. Visibility was very low, it got a little better as the day went on but was never great. I ended up with a limit in a little over 2 hours. The scallops were there I just had to feel for most of them due to the visibility. The size seemed a little smaller than average with a few decent ones mixed in.

·
eating tasty
3,894 Posts
I went yesterday. I wade from a fairly popular kayak launch area so my report is for a fairly small area. Visibility was very low, it got a little better as the day went on but was never great. I ended up with a limit in a little over 2 hours. The scallops were there I just had to feel for most of them due to the visibility. The size seemed a little smaller than average with a few decent ones mixed in.
Thanks for the report. What water depth were you feeling for them in?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts