Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He was asking $6900. Wife would kill me but I thought it was cool. I may call him and see what engine/powertrain.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
That’s on north Spencerfield.
I’ve been pining over it too.
They made that vehicle with a Nissan Diesel. They are kinda rare. Run forever. Not sure what engine is in that one. Afraid to stop because if it is a diesel model, I’d have to buy it. And move to the dog house.

·
Super Moderator
28,374 Posts
Good looking little scout!!!! Ifin I was looking at another boat I'd be searching it over....

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Very cool! Ilooked at a couple through the years and it seems like they were all rusted pretty bad

·
Registered
840 Posts
I had a 67 with a 152 ci slant 4 cylinder. Top speed was 65 mph, but at that speed, everything was buzzing, howling, and rattling. So noisy it was hard to drown out with a radio.

It was built like a tractor, which was good because you had to service it and work on it regularly.

But it never stranded me. For long, anyway.

I'd stay away from it unless you can work on it yourself and only intend to use it for short mileage situations.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I had a 67 with a 152 ci slant 4 cylinder. Top speed was 65 mph, but at that speed, everything was buzzing, howling, and rattling. So noisy it was hard to drown out with a radio.

It was built like a tractor, which was good because you had to service it and work on it regularly.

But it never stranded me. For long, anyway.

I'd stay away from it unless you can work on it yourself and only intend to use it for short mileage situations.
I had a 74 Scout II with the 3 speed floor shift and a single range transfer case ( only low range in 4 WD, but what a low range). My transfer shifter was a pull knob in the middle of the dash. Like yours, my top speed was about 65 MPH....but back then, speed limit on the interstate was only 55. Put a set of 12L15 mud tires on it, then we added shackles to the front and rear springs to lift it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts