Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to by a Savage 243 for my grandson. Anyone ever seen them side by side? They tell me Savage makes a stock where you can remove part of it. However, I need it to be as short as possible.

Any other recomendations are certainly appreciated.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I started my sons deer hunting at 5. Both were too small for even youth rifles. I chose the CVA break action .243. It was the smallest gun on the market at the time. They’ve now killed over a dozen deer with it and it’ll be the last year my 8 year old uses it. 933E7182-8F4E-432E-B383-F9E5FA34FA4B.jpg

·
Registered
9,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I started my sons deer hunting at 5. Both were too small for even youth rifles. I chose the CVA break action .243. It was the smallest gun on the market at the time. They’ve now killed over a dozen deer with it and it’ll be the last year my 8 year old uses it. View attachment 1047176
I have a CVA 7mm08. I wonder what the recoil difference is?

·
Registered
9,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is there a 3 day waiting period in Florida to purchase a long gun? Older gentlemen at Academy said there was today. However, he did appear to be firing on all cylinders.

·
Registered
9,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Savage Axis II XP Youth Centerfire Rifle*243. Came with a Weaver 3x9.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Is there a 3 day waiting period in Florida to purchase a long gun? Older gentlemen at Academy said there was today. However, he did appear to be firing on all cylinders.

There is, but you meet one or more of the exceptions so you wouldn’t have to wait.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts